Address Downtown Hotel
Alumco/ Dutco/ Emaar
Onshore. Dubai – UAE
|IRATA x 15 man team
Project Coordinator x1
Rope Access Manager x1
Group Technical Authority x1
Following a fire that gutted much of the building, the Global Remote group was approached to assist with part of the extensive remedial works to the iconic Address Downtown Hotel in Dubai, focusing on the replacement of facade aluminium composite paneling (ACP) in a problematic and exposed location.
Removal of all existing ACP and installation of new ACP and bracketing on the exposed 63rd floor facade canopy (over 375 panels replaced). The canopy was located at 220m elevation, spanning 75m circumference around the building and extending out from the facade ~3.0m).
- Initial access and rigging proved problematic with no provision for immediate external access and very few provisions for anchor points
- The horizontal canopy presented very difficult access to the end and underside of panels
- Due to the landmark status of the building, the quality requirements were extremely high
- Due to the elevation, adverse wind conditions would frequently delay works and add criticality to the hauling and movements of panels
- Location of the building is nearby to one of the most popular tourist destinations in Dubai
Due to the site criticality and demanding quality requirements, the site was initially assessed by our Group Technical Authority, and a project plan and method statement established. Following approvals from the client, sections of the facade were removed to provide access, and additional rope access anchors installed in the structural concrete. An experienced rope access facade team was engaged for the project to ensure project specific and unique rigging techniques were upheld and that quality and productivity targets were met. Our team also initiated detailed daily progress reporting with marked drawings and extensive photo logs of the work completed, in order to keep the client updated, to aid consultant quality reviews, and to ensure that the best quality service was delivered to the client.
GR Manager Comments
“The detailed planning and reporting systems enabled us to carefully track progress and address any issues immediately. The team worked tirelessly to deliver this technical and very physically exposed project works on time and without any accident or incident.” Thomson Mathunni – Operations Manager. Global Remote Group UAE.
“The works were completed with a high degree of quality and well on target. Global Remote is by far the best rope access company I have come across here in the UAE.”
Alessia Osti – Facade Senior Projects Manager. Dutco.